New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program is an incentive program that offers benefits and services for all New Jersey residents, businesses and local government offices which can save costs, energy and help improve the environment. There are even direct rebates available on certain equipment for your home or business. Let’s take a closer look at this NJ Clean Energy program.
Benefits for Your Home
- Energy Star– This is a program that offers ways to reduce energy costs for your home by up to 30%. A contractor will inspect your home and make recommendations according to your specific needs. Up to $4000 in incentives may be provided to you plus no interest financing for energy-efficient improvements.
- WARM Advantage– This program provides up to $500 in incentives for installing or replacing energy-efficient appliances like furnaces or water heaters.
- COOL Advantage– This program offers up to $500 in incentives for installing or replacing energy-efficient air conditioning systems and other related equipment.
Benefits for Your Business
- Direct Install- This program was designed for small to medium-sized facilities and will pay up to 70% of the costs of replacing the lighting, HVAC systems and other equipment that may be outdated or inefficient. A participating contractor will be able to inspect your business and make recommendations based on your specific needs.
NJ Clean Energy Rebate System offers rebates directly on:
- Appliances like washers, dryers and refrigerators
- Home Cooling equipment including several different air conditioning systems
- Home Heating Equipment such as furnaces or boilers
- Home Water Heating Equipment including several different varieties of water heaters
A more in-depth list of what equipment may be eligible for rebates is available here. Whether you’re looking to update your home or equip your new business facility, it is important to take advantage of the NJ Clean Energy Program for the benefit of not only your home or business, but also the environment.